Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Scared and Alone - Part 13 of 15: Is It All Really Worth It?

Dear Bro Jo,

 I didn't say that tea was my only problem and I'm not trying to make excuses for anything.

I have quit drinking the tea and I'm not having problems with that.

Did I go to the Bishop for it?

No.

Did I go to the Bishop for talking with the guy?

No.

But that wasn't exactly what I was trying to figure out right now.

I was hoping to figure out how I can stop doubting so many things and how I can get to where I don't want to give up on the Church.

I'm glad you gave up drinking soda, but what's not hard for one person could be hard for another.

I've been to Bishops for a few times, it may not have been serious, but I have talked to them. And in general with things that have gone on in my family, they've came to me about certain things and comments they've made and the things they've done just haven't helped me feel comfortable around them.

Also, I wasn't saying it was hard to focus on the saviors love, I was trying to say that it's hard not caring about other peoples judgments.

If you want to think that I'm making excuses, then that's fine.

I don't know how to explain myself any better.

- Scared




Dear Scared,

I'm sorry that I misunderstood.

Let's try again.

What are you having doubts about?

- Bro Jo 




Dear Bro Jo,

I obviously didn't explain myself very well, and I'm sorry for that. I'm just doubting everything in general right now.

Mostly, I'm just doubting about whether or not I want to keep going to Church and if it's the right thing for me.

There's so much going on (outside of just my individual problems) that I've just wanted to give up and don't know what to believe in anymore.

I know we go through these things to learn and grow, but with so much going on all at once, I'm losing the battle.

I just don't have the drive and the want to go to church and stay active anymore.

I feel like I'm just complaining now and I should really just stop.

There's probably nothing anyone can do to help. .

Sorry.

- Scared




Dear Scared,

I'd like to try to help.

What's going on outside?

What makes you think that life might be easier or better if you stopped going to Church?

- Bro Jo

No comments: