Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Scared and Alone: Part 7 of 15:Taking that Step

Dear Bro Jo,

This is hard. . but this is what I get for being stupid I guess.

I don't mean to keep her from getting blessings and I know she will eventually find out about it.

Hopefully I will be brave enough to tell her sometime soon.

I really wasn't expecting to go this far and now that it has, I feel terrible.

- Scared




Dear Scared,

You're not stupid!

And remember that feeling terrible is okay if it encourages you to change for the better.

Don't just hope to Be Brave . . . pray for it.

I have faith in you!

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

Thanks!

At times I do feel stupid though, like why did I left myself start drinking the tea two months ago and why do I continue to talk to the guy?

That's stupid. .

- Scared




Dear Scared,

Well ... they're not the smartest things you've ever done ...

But we're all like that.

The key is to learn from our mistakes, not repeat them, and move forward.

So go do what you know you should do ... even though you're scared. I promise you'll feel better.

And, you know, while it's important that you get help and get this cleared up, it's not like you killed somebody.

- Bro Jo




Dear Bro Jo,

I'll try. . .

I'm going to Church tonight and if I get the chance I will talk to her.

Thanks!

You've helped a lot already and I'm not sure there is much else you can do. Now it's up to me to become brave enough and stop being so scared.

Thank you for helping me with all that you have!

- Scared,




Dear Scared,

Good for you.

And you're welcome, though I think you're being too kind.

- Bro Jo

No comments: