Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Confused About Her Crush

Dear Bro Jo,

I'm 15 years old and this summer, I moved to Canada from Utah.

It’s been very hard for me to adjust and feel like I fit in.

Last week i briefly met a guy my age at a stake basketball night. Let’s call him Jose.

He seemed really nice (plus hes pretty cute)!

Our younger brothers are on the same basketball team, so a few days later we were both at a big game of theirs, but we didn't talk at all although I saw him looking at me often.

After the game my brother had his team over for a party at our house.

Jose's brother was there and told me Jose wanted my #.

A few minutes later Jose was texting me.

We texted for a while and it seemed like he liked me!

Two days later he texted me again, and said I should come watch his basketball game. And kinda stopped texting me in the middle of our conversation.

I went to his game, and after he was done he didn't come talk to me or anything.

Does this guy actually like me a little or what?

Should I just not worry about this?

Thanks!

- Over Thinker




Dear Over Thinker,

Yes, he kind of likes you a little.

No, you shouldn't worry about this.

Enjoy your crush, flirt with the boy, but remember:  Boyfriends are for when you're ready to get married;  Casual Group Dating is for 16 until you're that age.

And for now you should just focus on being nice.

- Bro Jo

No comments: