Things to know

Regularly read by 50,000+ readers in over 140 countries around the world, "Dear Bro Jo" is published several times a month.

This is column is just one guy's opinion, and while he does his best to keep what he thinks, says and writes in-line with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "Dear Bro Jo" is not an LDS Church website. (And Sister Jo thinks you should know that he's sometimes wrong, and often way too opinionated for his own good.)

Nothing here is meant to take the place of talking with parents, leaders, or Church authorities. Please, if you need serious help, talk to a trusted adult, leader, and / or professional counselor.

Please like our Facebook page, and check it often for Discussions, Notes, Events and just General Good Stuff!

Everything here is copyrighted. If you're going to quote any part of anything here, please get Bro Jo's written permission. You can reach him at dearbrojo@gmail.com.

Friday, November 7, 2014

He's Lost the Will to Serious Single Date - Part 1

Dear Bro Jo,

I have lost all courage and almost all desire with dating.

Almost every girl I have asked out on a date has told me no.

I have been told no by girls I wasn't even chasing.

I have even had girls decide that they want to go home early from group dates.

How can I have the courage and confidence needed to keep dating when I have never had any success?

Sincerely

- Dateless Wonder




Dear Dateless,

You've got to help me out, champ; I need more information.

If girls are telling you that they want to go home early from group dates . . . well, that conflicts with your statement that "almost every girl" you've asked out has said no.

And what do you mean when you say that girls you aren't chasing tell you no?

Are you just walking down the hall minding your own business and random girls come up to you and say "hey, just in case you're thinking about it, don't ever ask me out"?

Just exactly what are you doing?

And what would you define as success?

How old are you?

What is the reason for the girls you're out with wanting to go home early?

What do they say?

How many girls are we talking about?

How many dates are we talking about?

And what is it you're looking for from these girls?

If I'm going to give you an honest answer, I'm going to need you to be honest with me.

And with yourself.

- Bro Jo

No comments: